Healthy, Sugar-Free, JUST LIKE THE REAL THING, Keto Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Bars Butter With Chocolate on Top and 13 grams of protein per bar! Made with only 5 main ingredients these are ALMOST too good to be TRUE!! …. and you don’t even have to bake them! 🙂
- 3/4 Cup of Peanut Butter (see post for my two favorite 2 g net carb/serving brands!)
- 1/3 Cup ChocZero Vanilla Syrup (or sub any other sugar-free syrup that is STICKY)
- 2 Tablespoon Butter
- HEARTY pinch of salt (or two)
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 Cups of HighKey Protein Cereal
- 1–2 Lily’s Dark Chocolate Baking Bar (or about a little over half of a bag of Chocolate Chips)
- In a Saucepan, add Peanut Butter, Syrup, Butter, and salt all together over medium heat. Heat until all is melted into smooth peanut butter sauce and it starts bubbling, stirring together occasionally as it heats. Once it is bubbling, let it bubble for 15 -30 seconds and then remove from heat. Stir in the vanilla extract and mix well with a spatula. Quickly stir in all of your HighKey Protein cereal, coating pieces well with the peanut butter mix! Spoon/Dump the mixture directly into lined Square Pan (I used an 8 x 8 brownie pan!) and smooth the top while gently pressing the mix down into the pan. Refrigerate while you melt the chocolate topping.
- Melt chocolate (chips or chopped up bar) in a double broiler, or in the microwave. If you melt them in the microwave, then heat them up in 15 second intervals, stirring the chocolate between each interval and continue to do this until they have just melted ( this method prevents overheating and seized chocolate!). Grab your pan of rice krispies again and Pour or drizzle your melted chocolate all over the rice krispies bars (you can smooth out with a hot back of a spoon), and then put the bars back into the refrigerate to cool for 3-4 hours before eating!
- Store Bars in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve! 🙂 They will stay crunchy for 3-4 days, but do lose a little of their crunch by the third or 4th day (NOT that they will stay in your fridge for THAT long anyways though!!!)
Net Carbs = 1.89 Grams Per serving (serving size is 1 Bar Or 1/9th of the Recipe)
*Sugar alcohols from erythritol are not counted in total net carbs, since they don’t affect blood sugar (they’re 0 net carbs)!
Carb counts vary based on the brands of each item used. My calculations are for the brands listed/suggested! Peanut Butter can vary widely in the total carbs, so make sure you CHECK YOUR LABELS. See my post for the brands I used- you can order these on amazon even!!
- Cook Time: 5
- Serving Size: 1 Square (1/9th of Recipe
- Calories: 290.11
- Fat: 21.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.89 g net carbs
- Protein: 14.75