Crinkly and cracked, chewy gooey on the inside and crispy on the outside Keto Chocolate Cookies, that are made with a special blend of Almond Flour, Lupin Flour, and Cocoa Powder! You’d never know they’re sugar-free, gluten-free, and very low carb! Can be made Dairy-Free As Well (See Notes) and don’t miss the Recipe Video!
*** Please note, I have added weighted amounts for the ingredients that are important to measure precisely! Please weigh your keto ‘flours’ to achieve the correct texture! Here’s an affordable but reliable kitchen scale if you need one.
- (116 grams) 1 Cup Almond Flour , SIFTED (recommend Anthony’s Brand or Kirkland Brand for best texture & lowest carbs)
- (13 grams) 2 Tablespoons of Lupin Flour (Lupina Brand is my only recommendation!)
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder (Valhrona is my favorite! Dutch Processed Or Unprocessed Cocoa both work here)
- (114 grams) 1 Stick of Salted Butter (at room temperature, NOT Melted) *see note 1 for dairy-free substitution
- 7 Tablespoons Lakanto (Classic) Sweetener (Or use 5–6 Tablespoons Lakanto + 6–10 drops stevia extract)
- 2 Egg Yolks
- Scant 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder (*scant= slightly less than!)
- Scant 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup of Lily’s Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips (or sub Lily’s Mint Chocolate Chips or ChocZero White Chocolate Mint Chips or any other flavor you want!)
Optional (to press into to cookie tops before baking):
- Lily’s Chocolate Bar, Chopped into chunks Or Additional Lily’s Chocolate Chips (again, you can get creative with flavors!).
- Preheat Oven to 350°F, and prepare a cookie sheet by lining it with parchment paper or a Silicone Baking Mat (I use this Silpat Mat).
- Sift Your Almond Flour with a mesh sieve into a bowl (and remove remaining large grains of almond flour). Add Lupin Flour to the bowl and whisk to combine. Set Aside.
- Take 2 Tablespoons (or 28 grams) of the Softened stick of butter, and melt those 2 Tablespoons in the microwave for 15-25 seconds in a small bowl. Add the Cocoa Powder to the melted butter and whisk (or stir with a fork!) to combine until smooth. Set aside.
- Cream the remaining Softened Butter and Lakanto White Granular Sweetener together with a hand mixer or stand-mixer until smooth and semi-fluffy. Add your Melted butter/Cocoa Powder mix into the bowl and continue to mix until smooth. Add egg yolks, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla extract, and salt and mix briefly. Add in Lupin Flour/Sifted Almond Flour blend and mix until it looks like a uniform dough (it will be sticky and thick). Fold In Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips with a Spatula. Refrigerate dough for 5-10 minutes.
- Roll The Dough With your hands into 12 equal size Cookies and space them 2 inches apart (to allow for room to spread) on the baking mat or parchment.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (my oven is exactly 11 minutes!). The cookies will not *look* done in the center, but the very edges should look ever so slightly crispy and they should look puffed up in a slightly dome shape in the middle ( please note: they will not have wrinkles and cracks yet!). Avoid temptation to continue baking (sweeteners make them look deceivingly underdone!). As soon as you remove the pan from the oven, then ‘BANG’ (or ‘DROP’) the pan onto the counter 3-4 times while the cookies are still hot (SEE RECIPE VIDEO FOR DEMONSTRATION!) You will see some cracks form in the top of the cookies with each ‘bang’. Once they’re sufficiently crackly on top, allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 10-15 minutes while the cookies firm up (DO NOT pick up or transfer while they are still hot/warm!).
- ENJOY! 🙂
** For Dairy-Free: I recommend substituting the butter with a STICK (114 grams) of dairy-free butter (NOT a ‘spreadable butter’). My FAVORITE brand to use is MIYOKOS Brand ‘Cultured Vegan Butter With Hints Of Sea Salt’ . When using a Dairy-Free Butter, there is no need to ‘soften’ the butter as dairy-free butter doesn’t really soften at room temperature it just melts (and quickly!). You can use it straight from the fridge instead. I also recommend adding 1/4 teaspoon of Butter Extract to the recipe along with it ( Lorann’s Buttery Bakery Emulsion is my favorite!). If your dairy-free butter does NOT contain salt, you may need to add 1/8th-1/4 tsp of salt to the recipe.
Net Carbs = 1.5 g Per serving (1 large cookie, or 1/12th the recipe) *Sugar alcohols from erythritol are not counted in total net carbs, since they don’t affect blood sugar (they’re 0 net carbs)!
Carb counts vary based on the brands of each item used. My calculations are for the brands listed/suggested.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
- Category: cookies
- Method: Oven
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie (1/12th of recipe)
- Calories: 153
- Fat: 16.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.5 g net carbs
- Protein: 3.4 g